miércoles, 22 de junio de 2011

GL!TTER VOL.01│Pair Interview: Suga x Enya [English]

Gl!tter by V!NYL SYNDICATE│Pair Interview: Suga Yuusuke X Enya Tomoyuki

Volumen: 01
Interview: "Suga Yuusuke x Enya Tomoyuki"
Published: Jun 20th, 2008

--In 12012 there are 4 B-types, and though Tomo-san is amongst them he is thought to be the most mild of the B-types. That he has a cooperative personality with those around him but does not push himself aside.
Enya: Sure, I might be comparatively calm.

--So for that reason to the only A-type Suga-san, I feel Tomo might be your contact person in a way... or no?
Suga: No, it's as you say! He achieves the role of a bypass for me. For example, when I get the framework of a song from Tomo-kun, even if I rearrange it he'll approve. Although I utterly crush the original song in the course of doing it every day. (laugh) Since Sakai has the same part there are some usual portions like that, but in the other parts Tomo-kun is the only one who will recognize me to that extent.
Enya: It could be said that Gacchan is good at dealing with it. He can expand songs from an angle that I don't notice, and often when I want to apply guitar to my own songs I'll pass it on to Gacchan. In that sense he's reliable.

--Like he returns it to you in a creation unknown to you previously?
Enya: Yes, yes. Certainly there are also times when it's wrecked. But, often it is broken in a good direction.

--Perhaps you sometimes feel a sense of crisis like, "If I don't accept Suga-san and act as a bypass, Suga-san will be isolated amongst his B-type colleagues!"?
Enya: Not at all! Gacchan is...... pretty loved [by the members.]

--Is that so?! I think that kind of thing is a hard for fans to see....
Suga: I didn't know it, either. (laugh)
Enya: Everyone notices when Gacchan is happy or unhappy. When it comes to Gacchan, he definitely has a part like the band's mood-maker, doesn't he? So when there's a disturbance with Gacchan, everyone feels like "the atmosphere is different, isn't it?"
Suga: I'm sorry...
Enya: With that, it's easy to distinguish when something's up with Gacchan. When he's too cheery and such, conversely it's like "something must have happened!"
Suga: Ah. That kind of point is a challenge from oneself to try and express it, isn't it.

--By any chance is it because if you don't express it somewhat exaggeratedly it won't be understood?
Suga: That's right. Even when things are going smoothly it's not vital to express my feelings but if I get even a little caught up in it I'm like "I gotta show it." Me, I'm fairly blunt.
Enya: For example, I appoint Gacchan for the guitar arrangements in my songs, right? But, if he doesn't like it, he plays like he has no motivation at all. (laugh) So I would like Gacchan to do it excitedly...... please play as you'd like.
Suga: When a composer with a different directionality in playing than my own comes and appoints me, I think "Do it yourself!" But, the thing I think is amazing about him is that he can eat up anything, or rather....
Enya: I can't eat raisins?
Suga: You can't! ........ But that's not what I mean. What I mean by "can eat up anything" is that he can deal with anything. So he can accept whatever I do. For me it can't be done without an abundance of withdrawals or with a lack of capacity, and since those are included in his actions as a bassist, the songs he brings at any percentage are finished as a good thing. He's the partner I feel the most synergy with.

--The mutual trust you have for each other runs really deep, doesn't it. Well, what does Tomo-san think is great about Suga-san?
Suga: I expect there's a lot.
Enya: ....... I gotta remember something!

--That's harsh. (laugh)
Enya: No, like I said before I have a lot of faith in him as a guitarist.... but you mean like what about him as someone besides a guitarist? Well, he's the partner I can most easily spill my inner thoughts to.
Suga: That's something we feel in common, I think.

--Why is that?
Enya: I guess simply because we go drinking a lot together. During tours we go to eat meals together and such, and we listen to each other's various talks, too. Somehow, he's really easy to invite out.
Suga: It's spontaneous, like suddenly the talk of "How about we go for food too?" comes out.

--When you're drinking, what kind of things do you two talk about?
Suga: 90% of them time it's about the band! But, the more we drink and the closer it comes to morning, we talk about our futures and recently we've even talked about things that moved me.

--That you have conversations that deep, if you turn it inside out it's probably because you feel like "this person has empathy for me," right?
Suga: Of course all of the members understand each other, if we didn't have bonds like that we wouldn't have lasted 5 years. It's just that looking objectively, the truth is there are some members who think it's better to leave it alone and some members that can produce synergy. Of those, there's a cognizance in me that Tomo-kun is the one who can most exhibit synergy in private relations. You could say we draw from each other.
Enya: I see. That kind of relations gives the feeling of being built up in comparatively fast phases. But I think the kinds of people we are are totally different from each other.

--Seeing as you're different types of people, what's one side you don't like about each other?
Suga: Um....... There's none!
Enya: For me there's also none. But, that he often turns around during lives to try and make me laugh.....
Suga: I like making strange faces quite a bit. (laugh) Before I used to do it to Tooru, but he told me "stop that! If you do that kind of thing I die out."
Enya: For me it does the opposite and raises my tension.

--So after all, there's nothing you dislike about each other. It's perfect isn't it! Surely you're each other's "best partner."
Enya: Well, it's that synergy.

--That kind of mutual synergy, if you were to compare it to the human relations of a family or school, what kind of existence would it be?
Suga: I guess if we were class representative we'd be the committee members for public morals? We don't really talk everyday but since he always gives a precise answer, if something comes up he's the first person I consult. Like "Crap, how long should the leisure time for the field trip be?" (laugh)
Enya: If we're the committee members for public morals, then we should probably ban Gacchan's beard, no? (laugh) For me...... it's hard to compare, but when we're doing work on something together, we can get somewhere in our talks right away, so he's a partner who can share roles.
Suga: I really think our discussions go fast.
Enya: They're especially businesslike talks. Well, since we've both been in this industry for a long time. (laugh)

--The both of you are not like "if we just do music it's fine" but rather the types who work precisely behind the scenes such as that as well, right?
Suga: Rather, if you don't do something yourself you can't comprehend it. I think "if you make others do it, it would be faster to do it yourself, right?"

--It seems you consider efficiency, doesn't it. Well then, with your 6th year in sight, please say one thing you wish from your "best partner."
Suga: Since there are many things we cultivated in these 5 years, not speaking just of the 6th year but from here on, let's produce another 5 years deeper than these last 5.
Enya: Well, since Gacchan won't become something other than Gacchan, from here on I would like you to be Gacchan-like too. But, this quitting smoking thing you've started is impossible, isn't it? I'd like at least one successful stopping-smoking buddy but can you do it?
Suga: U, umm........ (speechless)

Credits: cultic
(Thanks so much cultic!!)

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario