domingo, 3 de julio de 2011

GL!TTER VOL.01│Pair Interview: Tomoyuki x Tooru [English]

Gl!tter by V!NYL SYNDICATE¦Pair Interview: Enya Tomoyuki x Kawauchi Tooru

Volumen: 01
Interview: "
Enya Tomoyuki x Kawauchi Tooru"
Published: Jun 20th, 2008 

Enya Tomoyuki x Kawauchi Tooru

--You've been the rhythm section together for 5 years. In that time, have your impressions of one another changed?
Enya: Generally the impression hasn't changed. There's not even "Him, he was feigning innocence at the start!" (laugh) Just that Tooru, three years younger than me is now becoming older than me from the time we met and in that truth I feel the flow of time. Like "More than myself back then, this kid has grown!" I really feel he's aged. (laugh)
Kawauchi: My first impression as for Tomo-san is, firstly he was wearing green jeans....
Enya: If we're saying things like that, Tooru was wearing bandana and had a chopper!
Kawauchi: .... I'm saying firstly he had impact, and I was like "he's so thin." He was also considerably rough. Although now he wears stylish boots and stuff. Recently, again he's polishing himself up to be an adult, I feel.

--On that note is Tomo-san the most adult of all the members to Tooru-san?
Kawauchi: Ah, I feel that.
Enya: .... An old man?
Kawauchi: I don't know if you're an old man or an adult or a gentleman or what, but. (laugh) Like you're gradually running up the path to adulthood... well, it's a good meaning! We usually goof around together and while I won't talk about private things and such I wonder if maybe he's the closest person to me somehow. He's easy to talk to, he listens to you and our conversations are easy. Even when I'm thinking of band stuff I know he'll listen warmly.

--Well then, it seems the others don't listen to you so much?
Kawauchi: Certainly, everyone could be called moody. (laugh) But everyone listens to me properly. Only that includes Tomo-san.
Enya: I think Tooru is the one who's grown the most in these 5 years. He absorbs things fast, and it's like "he's become so good, he really likes the drums" and stuff so I can really understand, watching him is really motivating. With him as a drummer I can feel a sense of security. If I were to put it another way it's like he agitates me and I think "I've gotta do my best too!" (laugh)

--Ah, you can tell even watching from the outside that he likes the drums.
Enya: In that way, somehow he's looking at the band the most, when the atmosphere sours then he stands up with "Everyone let's go for dinner" and such. He's has the most gentle heart, or rather he can spontaneously look after others. Really, he gives a pure feeling. Like "this person is the kind of person who can cry watching a good movie."
Kawauchi: I can! I cried watching "ROOKIES"! (laugh)

--(laugh). Since usually as the rhythm section you'd have to be close, it would surprising if you said otherwise but of course you can reliably understand each other.
Kawauchi: Since there's an image like rhythm section=friends, if we were intentionally close only because of that it would be unpleasant and forced, right? But..... surely there's a sense of duty like "we've gotta be close" in the corners of both our hearts. So I think we understand each other.

-Well then, as you're close, if you were to nominate a common feature between you two?
Kawauchi: Umm.......
Enya: For a common feature.... liking games? But it's not just Tooru.
Kawauchi: Even for personality, there's nothing in particular.

--Then maybe there's a part different from yourself you think is enviable?
Kawauchi: Doing things steadily, being able to the play the piano and so on. (laugh)

--And Tomo-san?
Enya: Tooru, I think he has a stubbornness, in a good way. There are things he'll surrender as well as things he won't; he follows his heart. Also... he has beautiful skin, doesn't he?
Kawauchi: It's not beautiful......

--No no, it's white and smooth, I'm jealous even as a woman.
Kawauchi: But, thanks to that I don't suit the sea at all. So I have the worry like "I can't go to the ocean." (bitter laugh)

--Well then, on the contrary is there a facet that you dislike or feel you can't understand about each other?
Enya: When we're in the studio together we're always practing the same phrase for an hour or whatever, and both of us look ready to die and we make these terribly ugly faces! So for that, will you please try to make a little bit nicer of a face for me. Well, but that includes me too. (laugh)

--Since it's not shown to anyone else, it's not such a big deal. (laugh) As the rhythm section in bouts where you have to merge the groove, of course you spare all the time you can for it. Outside of those purely band-related activities. do you two not go out to places together?
Kawauchi: Umm...... we don't go out privately. When we go somewhere as a pair it's to the dressing room or studio and it of course turns into something for the band.
Enya: Not just the two of us. Since we're always together in the band, I never go out with the members privately. It's not limited to Tooru.
Kawauchi: Eh? You don't go out privately with Suga-san?
Enya: No, not privately......
Kawauchi: I thought you did with Suga-san. (laugh)

--Whether or not to perceive drinking together before a tour as business or private is complicated, isn't it. (laugh)
Enya: Even in times like those there's the image that Tooru's always with Wataru, so I think it's alright even if I don't go with him. Or rather, in the end we're the same combination as always. I think Tooru's been able to be dependable for these five years. Really, we're the best rhythm section.

--Does Tooru-san think so?
Kawauchi: I do! I'm three years younger, right? I have the understanding that it's unimportant to think about the age difference more than doing a band together, but of course I'm still aware of it. So I think that Tomo-san who can listen to the opinion of myself who is younger than him is amazing, I think I'm happy to be in a rhythm section with a person like that. In that way we're the strongest!

--By the way from Tooru-san's view, if you were to compare Tomo-san to a family member what position would he be?
Kawauchi: Well, an older brother. If 12012 were my brothers..... well, I would hate brothers like them. (laugh) But no mistake about it, Tomo-san would be the eldest brother. Next would be Wataru-san, and myself the youngest.
Enya: To me that's an existence that makes me think "I gotta work hard so as not to get beaten out."

--Well then, lastly. Aiming to face your 6th year of activity, please tell us what you wish from each other.
Kawauchi: I want him to stay as he is now. Please always be big-hearted Enya-san. And please listen to me a lot, too.
Enya: I think he's a really good guy, as a person. I want you to be Tooru-like as you've been up until now...... loving the drums, going through that good kind of stubbornness, having a kind heart. Just don't forget those three things!
Kawauchi: Got it. (laugh)
Enya: Also recent, Tooru's started writing songs, which is really good! Moreover they suddenly change key and such. (laugh) With this I feel a new side of 12012 will open up, so I want to say "Please write songs!"
Kawauchi: At least for the next album...... I'll do my best.
Enya: Please. (laugh)

Credits: Cultic

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario