domingo, 3 de julio de 2011

V!NYL SYNDICATE Party I│Good point, bad point[english]

V!NYL SYNDICATE - ANoter edition - Party I│Good point, bad point

Especial edition: Another edition Party I
Interview: "Puntos positivos y negativos"
Published: 2007

Good point, bad point

Member's good and bad points.

--Well, let's go from [Miyawaki's] bad points. First, what's the view from Suga-san who's known him the longest?
Suga: It's long, we met 11 years ago, doing bands for 8 years. Though I always see him, the good and bad change. Personally I'm the kind who really hates change, for example I'm a person who can't forgive saying X and then becoming Y midways. In Wataru's case, there are times where that can change to a good direction, but from my view it goes in a bad direction, too.
Miyawaki: That I just recently started to begin to worry about. Lately I like the words "decisive blow," but if I don't apply "decisive blow" is it bad?
Suga: Ah, I see. A Kanamoto (Hanshin Tigers) thing.
Miyawaki: What do you think? Aki.
Sakai: That's a difficult circumstance, since I think Miyawaki is a free spirit, at those times shouldn't he do what he thinks he wants to do?
Enya: I really don't get it...... I don't get it.
Miyawaki: You said it twice (laughs).
Enya: Of all the members he is probably the most strict with himself. Also... I can say this about Suga-san too, but he's bluff. He's the type who thinks too much by himself, and he goes the wrong direction, I think.
Kawauchi: I wouldn't say this is a bad point as a rule, but he thinks too much, doesn't he. Thinking too much, you come to not really understand and eventually there are times where the views around you blur, I think. So placing intuition at the core of things a little more, and listening to the views of your company might be good, I wonder.
Miyawaki: I'm often told that.

--Well then, good points.
Manager: What I would say as a great point is that he faces things as a leader of a special attack unit. So he has many wounds.
Suga: Well, there are many points of him that I understand, so that portion is easy. Basically, as for our thoughts on the band, often Wataru's view is closest to mine. So I'd say that I'm happy that we can synch with each other... Wait, it's not that. (laughs)
Miyawaki: Suga-san's delighted (laughs)
Sakai: Though he has many good points, I'd say recently it's that he records fast. He's quick to record songs. Watching it give me a good feeling. As a person, hmm... I think he's generally a kind person. A person who loves his puppy.
Suga: A person who does his job and loves his puppy! (laughs)
Enya: Band-wise, really as the band's face he's strict about doing things with himself, though I'm working behind him I have no complaints. He follows his heart, his feelings are unyielding, there are no worries about that. As a person, I think he can attend to other's feelings. Also, he makes delicious meals.
Miyawaki: When the members come to my house and work, I make them eat and I'm unsatisfied if they don't come back. (laughs) They've come to work hard, so to get full why not come back for more?
Suga: I've been there about twice and you didn't bring anything out except snack candy (laughs)!
Miyawaki: Because when I get a call from Gacchan and stuff he says "I'm going!" ... Though I've purchased ingredients... (laughs)
Suga: So what, I'm the bad guy?! I don't want to eat it anyway!! (turning the tables)

--Tooru-san?
Miyawaki: Raise it to the ceiling!
Kawauchi: I entered 12012 at Wataru-san's invitation. I went in thinking "Wataru's voice is good, isn't it" and it's great since I think so now as well. 4 years have lapsed since the band's formation, and if he were a strange vocalist I think there would be times where I'd tired of it, but that I can think it's a good voice even now is great. I think it's a good point in only Wataru... A point like that~, how is it? (laughs)
Miyawaki: Is that so! Thank you!
Kawauchi: ... It's this kind of corner? (laughs)
Miyawaki: Even midnight barons have serious times! [TN: This is some joke from an older VS issue.]

--This is the first time 12012 has talked seriously, here.
Kawauchi: Yes! Let's do it over one more time!
Everyone: (laughs)

--Well then, Sakai-san's good points.
Manager: As a guitarist, I think he's really growing, isn't it.
Sakai: Am I alright as a person?
Manager: You're generally alright.
Suga: Speaking as a partner, firstly he likes equipment. I'm distant, I don't really have an interest, I guess. For that when he recommends things to me like "That's good, this is good" he surprisingly really helps me out. I think he has an abundance of knowledge.
Sakai: ... I get the feeling I'm being used somehow.
Suga: Even regarding composition, he easily says "it's like this" or rather, I can easily understand what he's saying.

--And as a person?
Suga: No, he's alright.
Sakai: A pretty puzzling person, right?
Enya: The good and bad suit him. Also, I get the most influence from him, doing a band together, there are times I really think he's a genius...
Sakai: (Nodding furiously)
Enya: That's encouraging, as well as leading to impatience.
Kawauchi: To me, Sakai-san is the member who changed the most this year. He used to be really stubborn, but recently he references our views as well.
Miyawaki: He really was very stubborn. He'd say "to me it's impossible to understand," "there's nothing uninteresting to me." He's an instinctive spirit, not a person who exerts himself to obtain things. Even the producers said "8 of 10 things that Sakai says are incorrect, but the remaining two have a lot of explosive power, so as they're things that become motivators listen to him well." I wonder if Aki is the one who establishes good taste, in that much. He thinks so as to not really think, he thinks often but he doesn't really think... I don't get the meaning (laughs). But in there is the solution. As for their nature, everyone but me is the "eldest son," they do things level-headed.

--Well then, his bad points.
Sakai: Well, I think there are none, but just in case.
Manager: While I think going at your own pace is good, there are times he goes too much at his own pace. Everyone's running, but one person alone is walking.
Sakai: Huh~.
4 people: You do, you do, you do, you do.
Manager: Also, he completely upsets the flow of conversations.
Miyawaki: Like "Cla---sh!" (laughs)
Manager: Also...
Sakai: You were really waiting to turn on me! (laughs)
Manager: As a guitarist, Suga-san really sees Sakai-san as a rival, but Sakai-san doesn't see Suga-san at all.
Everyone: (explosive laughter)
Suga: Since there's two guitarists, addition and deletion, or rather pushing and pulling is important, he goes "I put this in, I put that in, what will you do?" and then he picks at it and says "Why that?"
Miyawaki: Ah! That, when cooking and making hotpot, we cut the ingredients and when I say "Shall we heat it?" Aki's watching TV. (laughs)
Suga: Do you have a portable burner (laughs)?!
Miyawaki: He watches TV the whole time, and when he feels like it he heats it.
Suga: Yes, for hotpots since I'm the type in charge of cooking and serving it's unnecessary to say "Bring in the heat with that timing!"

--[Aki,] are you reminded?
Sakai: I don't recall at all!
Miyawaki: He's walking. (laughs)
Enya: He resembles me. I don't want to be mixed up with him any more! (laughs) Also, there are times I think "this guy's a genius (tensai)!" and when I think "this guy's an airhead (tennen)"... it's important to be able to distinguish the "sai" and the "nen" of those words.
Kawauchi: Sakai-kun... well, he has none. To say it strongly, when I go to meet him, I want him to come out fast, in about 3 minutes. Because of that I anticipate and phone about 5 minutes ahead of time, but he should anticipate that and come out!
Miyawaki: None in particular, he has none at all.
Sakai: I'm a wonderful human being.
Miyawaki: Not a thing.
Kawauchi: He didn't really have a bad point.
Sakai: I'm telling you I'm a good guy.
Kawauchi: ... Saying that is a bad point.

--Well then, firstly Suga-san's good points.
Everyone: ...... (silence) .......

--He has none!?
Suga: None! (laughs)
Everyone: (roar of laughter)

--Well then, bad points!
Kawauchi: Hmm, well! (laughs)
Suga: I have them! (laughs)
Miyawaki: He has them, good points. He's got a lot of guts. More than me. He often says "I can't take a hit." Though he's weak at receiving blows, he has a lot of base latent energy!
Suga: Why don't you succumb! (laughs)
Miyawaki: A man who stands 8 counts! (laughs)
Suga: Because if I go to 9, it's dangerous! (laughs)
Miyawaki: If you go to 7 you'd still be weak, so it's better (laughs)
Suga: Yes, I'll work myself so as to stand from 8!
Sakai: Suga-san is, well, I think he fights difficult circumstances.

--A viewpoint from above (laughs)
Miyawaki: Looks like a teacher's report card.
Kawauchi: Maybe Suga-san matches up with me, but of the member he's the one I enjoy beingtogether with the most. Rather than saying he's an idiot, he can say useless things.

--Number one idiot! I get the feeling Suga-san is certainly always saying only useless things.
Suga: Oi! (laughs) Number one idiot who stand 8 counts, what the!
Manager: He's the easiest of all the members to attach to.
Miyawaki: He's got sociability. He's the contact person.
Kawauchi: If this were a bank, he'd be the ticket window. [TN: ticket window and contact person use the same kanji.]
Suga: You're doing it together!
Everyone: (laughs)

--If this were a post office...
Miyawaki: Ticket window!
Suga: If this were a company...
Miyawaki: At the window! (laughs)

--By the way, I didn't think he was the easiest to attach to.
Suga: It's certainly both extremes... In my school days too, people I became friends with would soon come visit...
Miyawaki: But you say it in that sulky way. (laughs)
Suga: Because it was something like that...
Enya: His kind point. During the summer tour I took Suga-san to go the sea with me. More than Suga-san is kind... the Suga family is kind.
Suga: Don't make this profitable for Yoshio (Suga's dad)! (laughs)
Enya: Yocchan is really dandy. Yocchan taught me how to fish...
Suga: Wait, this is turning into Yocchan's good points. (laughs) Yocchan is, hm~ He's good at anything he does!!
Kawauchi: Well, it's good that you're inheriting that DNA isn't it?
Miyawaki: Profiting from someone else's influence. (laughs)

--Well then, Suga-san's bad points.
Miyawaki: He had them before but recently he doesn't. Full marks. But if I were to say one... When I was lonely by myself, Tooru would come see me and stay over even if it was a pain in the ass, but Gacchan wouldn't come.
Kawauchi: That's right~ That he'd xx his costume with xx, wouldn't he.
Everyone: (roar of laughter)
Suga: They can't print tha~t, can't print it~! (laughs)
Miyawaki: Don't do that, Tooru!
Kawauchi: As a member that's a little, you know, I'd say stillness and motion. I want him to make precise distinctions!
Suga: That's not it, hey, is it just becoming all me because of the atmosphere?
Since there's Sakai too!
Sakai: From the beginning I'm xxing to xx.
Suga: Dangerous! (laughs)
Miyawaki: Recently, you go meet me in the equipment van, right? He greets me. Though he used to ignore me until before.
Suga: Inside of me, in my own way I thought "This isn't that kind of relationship anymore." Since there are lots of usual times when we're together.
Sakai: Like this, his bad point is justifying himself.
Everyone: (roar of laughter)
Miyawaki: Somehow you've made this into a girl's feelings.

--Ah, like "Since I've dated him he doesn't tell me he likes me" (laughs)
Kawauchi: It's becoming some sort of meeting.
Suga: This'll go until morning! (laughs)

--Well, is there something Suga-san would like to add?
Suga: ... I'm not alright anymore, am I.
Kawauchi: Firstly your costume...
Everyone: (laughs)

--Tomo-san's...
Enya: That I don't smoke.
Miyawaki: He said it himself!
Suga: He said it before anyone else!
Enya: That reminds me, the only one who sent a mail for my birthday was Tooru.
Kawauchi: Of the members? Really? Uwaa, the worst! These guys are the worst. (laughs)

--Well, firstly, something you want him to fix.
Manager: It'd be good if he gave the middle finger more.
Kawauchi: For him to smoke. (laughs)
Suga: That his criticism is different is not something I feel in Aki alone but in Tomo-kun too, he pushes points like "Ah, here?" It's good and bad though.
Tomo: Yes... sorry. (small voice)

--Well, from the genius or airhead Sakai-san?
Sakai: Speaking as genius Sakai, Tomo-san actually seems to fuss about others but in actuality he doesn't really. Really he's free. Around him he's making an image like "this person fusses about people and has a big heart." But really, you feel that gap as he's told "why don't you flip us off more!"

--Well, then from the airhead Sakai.
Sakai: Speaking as the airhead Sakai, it'd be good if he carries his bass around in a hardcase. His bass is pathetic.
Everyone: (laughs)
Miyawaki: Using Sakai for different purposes!
Kawauchi: Tomo-san is like this occasionally in his actions, suddenly putting down his coffee can with a bang, suddenly getting up with a noise and walking around, slamming the door shut and stuff.
Everyone: Ah, he does, he does.
Kawauchi: And are you bad at getting up? Because it surprises me I want you to stop.
Tomo: Yes... sorry. (small voice)
Miyawaki: Tomo-kun, he's really passive in the band. We discuss our opinions with about a medium punch, but sometimes Tomo-kun puts out a big punch. There are times when I think "Is this logical for the band?", since he looks at the whole objectively for us. But if there were more times where he spoke from himself it'd be good. For example I think it'd be good if Tomo-kun told Tooru "let's do it like this."
Tomo: Yes... sorry. (small voice)

--Well then, good points?
Manager: He sends mails for our birthdays. That kind of fussing about others is good. And, I don't know if this is good or bad but he's neither "yes" nor "no." He's not stained any color, but he's able to be stained any color.
Suga: Yoshio said it. "That kid, he's a good kid."
Everyone: (roar of laughter)
Suga: On stage we're both on the left, and at first there were many times we were awkward. More than we're free of that now, there's a lot of intention of compromise. I couldn't do that alone, that kind of cooperative personality or rather way of creating an atmosphere I could only do with him, I think. Also, he goes drinking with me lots. In times when the band was unstable, I talked to him the most. In short, Tomo-kun can put things in his heart the most.

--Tooru-san, you seem rejected.
Kawauchi: Well... that's Suga-san's idiocy. (laughs)
Sakai: He's the most flexible. He can deal with anything with knowledge and abundance, and he can look at things objectively. I think he's quite an intelligent person, isn't he.
Kawauchi: As the rhythm section, when we do things no troubles come forth. In that also he's flexible and suits me, and I feel he's understanding of what I say. As a person, he's a good listener, isn't he.
Miyawaki: He knows the most about music. A person who knows the correct interpretation of music has absolutely necessary knowledge. Also, the band's attitude, or rather regarding strategy, he has a catchy facet which is really good concerning the band. As a person, he's nice like an old man. (laughs) Like Tooru is nice like a friend. Rather Tomo-kun worries for us from places far away. Before even when I slept in he'd send me a mail like "Did something happen?" (laughs) He's kind. If I was a kid he'd be thinking "Since it's bad to worry me, do your best" like a father. (laughs) A feeling like that.
Kawauchi: Um... is it alright if you start with the bad point for me? Like my feelings (laughs)
Sakai: What I think it is, is your stubborn point. Like "I think this, this! I'll listen to the other member's views but I'm like this so it's like this!" Though passing through views has a good side.
Manager: He has no bad points.
Everyone: Oh~!
Suga: Um...I don't mean at all to disagree but, he said that with me he has fun and enjoys himself, didn't he? But then Tooru was jilted by my talk, and went in the flow of the conversation, and then backed off though he started it!
Tooru: (roar of laughter)
Sakai: You see that often don't you. (laughs) For example, during the tour you two were riding in the front, weren't you. Then, Tooru started talking to Suga-san. Suga-san got in on the flow. And so did Tooru. So Suga-san was really into the conversation, and Tooru suddenly went "... Were you saying something?" And "he~e?" and such. (laughs)
Kawauchi: I was doing it unconsciously, too. (laughs) It seems fun. I have fun seeing Suga-san at MAX tension.
Suga: Irritated, vexed, sad, lonely.
Miyawaki: A loss. (laughs)
Enya: What's worrying is, when he's drunk he doesn't really move. No matter how much you try to get him to ride in the car, he doesn't move at all.
Miyawaki: I had a dream I was carrying Tooru in my arms and walking.
Suga: Also, he's really riotous (laughs), I've had my elbows pinned behind my back by him about 3 times.
Enya: What is there... he's stubborn... but that's not really a bad thing is it... u~m...
Sakai: Does he really like Raido?
Suga: Doubt! (laughs)
Sakai: I said something without thinking. (laughs)
Miyawaki: I also don't think there's anything in particular...
Kawauchi: There's nothing you want me to fix? I have them too, please tell me properly. "Put out your cigarette properly' and such, something I've done unconsciously.
Miyawaki: U-m........... you're stubborn. (laughs)
Kawauchi: I'm a stubborn old man aren't I! (laughs)
Sakai: You're a stubborn old man yet you collect cigarette boxes! And then stop halfway!
Everyone: (laughs)
Miyawaki: That's true, I want you to stop collecting cigarette boxes! (laughs) Also, at lives I want you to not really become proud of our work. For 12012 I think it's a good thing but from my view I wonder if it's not really facing Tooru personally. Also, recently, you don't invite me to go out. When we were in Osaka you'd often give me mails like "What are you doing now" and I'd reply "I'm free too". (laughs)
Kawauchi: I did that kind of thing?
Miyawaki: You did!

--Well then, good points.
Kawauchi: Gimme!
Manager: He's surprisingly kind. Although his image seems coold.
Kawauchi: I'm the type who can't leave people alone. Please bold this part. (laughs)
Sakai: He's good at doing crazy impressions. I get the feeling he's a bit of a mood maker, I guess.
Enya: His color is white isn't it~. Also, I think he's probably the nicest of the members. Or he's the most passionate in deep points.
Kawauchi: Ooh! I'll use this!
Miyawaki: He's a man who understands the important points of human nature. He absolutely understands the important points of connecting with people. He's said to be kind so he can show consideration to his companions, so he can raise his voice there too. It was really great this year, I think. Also, at any rate our feelings suit one another. Usually we have the same thoughts.
Suga: Tooru, well, at the very beginning, we used to live together. Then, when he was sleeping, he'd raise his arms! (does a pose with arms out)
Kawauchi: That's not a good point!
Everyone: (roar of laughter)
Suga: So many times would I suddenly get up in the middle of the night,get surprised and go "Nooo!!" (laughs) But, I secretly thought he was practicing playing the drums even in his dreams. So he has zeal for practice.
Kawauchi: Somehow the statement of the manager was the best.
Everyone: (Laughs)

Credits: Cultic

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario